It's official! Spring is here, and first up we got Easter. It's time to bring out all the fun bright pastel colors and the little chicks and ducklings. Spring is the season of growth, fresh buds blooming, and animals awakening. The very first thing that comes to our mind is baby animals on the farm, and fresh fruit and vegetables being harvested!
To mimic and bring to life this thought of spring, we're excited to share with you our Carrot In the Dirt recipe. A fun and delicious activity that really ties in the spring vibes for you and your little ones.
- Dirty Cookie Cookie Shots
- Orange Candy Melts
- Milk Chocolate
- Oreo Cookies
- Chocolate Pudding
1.Wash your strawberries fully and pat them down with a paper towel to dry. Keeping and or removing the stem is completely optional and up to personal choice.
2. In a microwave safe bowl, go ahead and melt your orange candy melts. You'll want to melt them in 30 second increments, just as instructed in all our DIY Kits. Make sure to stir your chocolates in between every 30 second increment, to ensure you won't be burning your chocolate.
3. Here's the fun part that all kids love! Grab your strawberry, after being fully dried, and you're going to dip them fully into your melted orange chocolate. Really make sure to get them fully coated. Then place them down on a piece of parchment paper to sit and dry.You have officially made your carrot! (Optional: If you're feeling risky, grab a fork and dip it into the remaining amount of melted chocolate. Then take the fork to drizzle orange chocolate across all your dipped strawberries. The drizzling effect will give your carrots a 3D look of all the roots and indents an actual carrot has.)
4. In a food processor, place in a couple of Oreos and blend till they a fine texture is formed. It should be so fine and crumbled up that it almost looks like as if you made your own soil.
5. Repeat step 2, but this time with your milk chocolate.
6. Grab your Dirty Cookie shots and dip each rim, if not already covered in sprinkles, into your melted milk chocolate. Then immediately dip your chocolate rims into your Oreo crumbs. Once each rim is covered, place it down and let your cookie shot rim dry. Your cookie shot covered in Oreo crumbs is your little soil pot/ rabbit hole where your carrot will be derooted from.
7. Fill each cookie shot up with chocolate pudding. (Optional: add some left over Oreo cookie crumbs on top as the texture layer of the soil)
8. Lastly, place your chocolate covered strawberries on top of your pudding as the bunnies carrot that has been harvested from the ground! Cheers and enjoy!
If these aren't the cutest little carrots you have ever seen, then I don't know what is. It's still not too lat to place your Easter Cookie Shot orders. All orders must be placed no later than March 28th midnight, and all orders will be shipped March 29th with 2 day Fedex Air! Happy Easter!