Rainbow Matcha Mousse
Some of our favorite childhood memories are thrown all the way back to the good old elementary school days and all the themed holiday parties. With all the themed decorations, desserts and snacks, all the way to the fun activities! It was always a blast. Of course with St. Patrick's Day, you can just spill out all the green colored desserts ad beverages in the shape of a 4 leaf clover and call it a day. However, nothing beats the sight of a rainbow!
Kids love the sight of a rainbow. It reminds them of joy, happiness, fun, happy ever after. Like the beautiful rainbows we see after a rainstorm and the sun comes blossoming out. It's like a happy sigh of relief that the storm is over! So, this week's recipe blog post we're excited to share with you our Rainbow Matcha Mousse. Quite the elegant upgrade for an elementary school party snack if you know what I mean.
- Dirty Cookie Cookie Shots
- 1 teaspoon Matcha Powder
- 1/4 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Tbsp. Sugar
- Rainbow Sour Belt
- Mini Marshmallows
- White Chocolate
1. Grab a pair of scissors and a couple strands of rainbow sour belts. Take your scissors and cut your rainbow sour belts into 2 inch strips.
2. In a small microwave safe bowl, place your white chocolate pieces to microwave in 15 second increments. Make sure to mix and stir your chocolates in-between so your chocolate doesn't burn. Keep microwaving till the white chocolate is fully melted, nice and silky.
3. Place your melted chocolate into a pipping bag and pipe two small dots onto each end of your rainbow sour belt strips. Each end gets one single dot. Immediately place a single small marshmallow on top of each melted chocolate dot. Set aside to dry before moving onto the next step.
4. In a chilled mixing bowl, combine and whisk together 1/4 cup of heavy whipping cream, 1 teaspoon of matcha powder, and 1 tbsp of sugar. Whisk mousse together till medium peaks form. If your mousse isn't green enough, go ahead and add a drop or two of green food coloring.
5. In a second pipping bag, fill the pipping bag up with your matcha mousse filling, then pipe the matcha mousse filling into each Dirty Cookie Cookie Shot. Make sure to pipe it past the rim of the cookie shot to really fill and give your dessert some depth and height.
6. Lastly, place your rainbow sour belt on top of your match mousse, curving it on top so it looks like a rainbow with clouds. ENJOY!
We hope you find this easy and delicious St. Patrick's inspired dessert to be as fun and exciting as the sight of a beautiful rainbow! And of course, don't forget to place all your St. Patrick orders before Wednesday, March 10th!