Ready to light up the sky this weekend? Or Perhaps you would like to add some extra spark and firecracker to your 4th of July festivities. So why not top of your entire dinner of delicious hotdogs and more BBQ, with a bomb and delicious firecracker? Yes, I said a delicious firecracker. One that will not ever hurt you if you choose to digest it, but instead soothe your sweet tooth and put your body into a food coma. We're excited to share with you this week, an easy 4th of July recipe. Look no further, because here is your 4th of July Firecracker Dessert Recipe. It'll definitely the chatter of the night!
- Red Chocolate Wafers
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- Large Marshamallows
- Wipped Cream
- Mini Brownies
- Cookie Shots (from The Dirty Cookie)
1. First grab a small microwave safe bowl. Grab your red chocolate chip wafers and place them into your microwave safe bowl. Hold up, and do not immediately place your bowl of red chocolate wafers into the microwave just yet!
2. Before melting your chocolate, add 2 tablespoons of oil into your bowl of chocolates. The oil will help make your chocolate extra smooth and glisening for when later coating your marshmallow.
3. After applying your 2 tablespoons of oil in, finally place your bowl of chocolates into the microwave. ONLY microwave your chocolates for 15 seconds! After 15 seconds, take it out and stir your chocolates.
4. Keep repeating step 3 till the chocolate is completely melted. It's very important that you melt your chocolate wafers in 15 seconds incriminates. Otherwise, your chocolate will burn and it will no longer be smooth enough for application later.
5. Once your red chocolate is fully melted, take your marshmallows and coat them in the red chocolate. Our biggest advice is to coat them one by one with the help of a spoon or a spatula. As you coat the, your fingers may get a little messy when transferring them over to a parchment paper for drying. The reason why we're using red colored chocolate on the marshmallow, is to recreate the color and shape of a firecracker's body.
6. Leave your chocolate coated marshmallow drying for 10 to 15 minutes, or until they are fully harden. (1 marshmallow per cookie shot)
7. While the marshmallow's are drying, take a mini brownie and separate it into smaller pieces. Then press them down to fill the inside of our cookie shots. (1 mini brownie will be enough fill our cookie shot to the rim) Keep pressing till the entire cookie shot is filled to the rim.
8. Once the cookie shot is pressed and filled with brownies, add a layer of whipped cream on top of the cookie shot.
9. Next, place the dried chocolate coated marshmallow on top of the whipped cream layer.
10. Optional: Top it off by adding a 4th of July decor stem to create the illusion of a firecracker exploding!
11. ENJOY! (:
We can’t wait to see your creations, and don't forget to tag us on Instagram! Most importantly, don't forget to place your 4th of July orders in before Saturday, June 27th 3pm (PST).